The University of the District of Columbia is a public land grant institution of higher learning dedicated to providing quality, career focused undergraduate and graduate programs that prepare students with the knowledge, skills, and credentials needed to launch, enhance, or change careers.
The University of the District of Columbia seeks a versatile and accomplished violin player. The prevailing candidate must teach assigned course(s) as determined by the needs of the program. The position starts in January 2023.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach undergraduate courses in Violin performance.
- Maintain current knowledge of instructional methods pertinent to areas of assignment.
- Provide students an approved syllabus that includes course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, attendance policies in line with those of the institution, assignments, timelines and evaluation criteria.
- Use the institution’s learning management system to post syllabus, assignments and other materials and to communicate with students.
- Maintain records of enrollment and attendance, assessments and grades, submit class rosters and grade sheets by the deadlines established by the institution.
- Attend all meetings, ceremonies and official functions as specified by the Chief Academic Officer, Chief Community College Officer and/or Dean
- Attend one or more orientation session(s) to become familiar with the Institution’s mission and teaching philosophy, policies and procedures
- Meet with the Dean or Department Chair/Division or Music Theory Coordinator as needed to discuss all aspects of the course including student progress and curriculum development (may be required to provide input into program development).
- Adhere to University policies and guidelines in all matters concerning academics and student and staff conduct.
Minimum Job Requirement
- Graduate degree in music education or violin performance and/or equivalent professional experience at least equivalent to those required for a graduate degree in music;
- Evidence of successful violin instruction at the college level.
Number of Vacancies: 1
Area of Consideration: Open To The Public
Employment Status: Part -Time, Temporary
Pay Plan, Series & Grade: ES0000/0000/01
Salary Range: varies depending on assignment; minimum $950 per credit hour
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Location: 4200 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20008
Read more and apply.