Levine Music is a welcoming community where children and adults find lifelong inspiration and joy through learning, performing, listening to, and participating with others in music. Levine’s core values – excellence and opportunity – infuse everything we do. Our distinguished faculty offers a broad and well-rounded curriculum that provides a strong musical foundation for students of different ages, abilities, and interests. We strive to make Levine’s education available to everyone. Hundreds of students receive substantial scholarship assistance; many hundreds more receive free instruction through fully funded in-school programs.
The Clinical Music Therapist advances and supports the mission, vision, and core values of Levine Music through planning and conducting data-based music therapy services at Levine Music and community outreach locations for individuals with disabilities, medical issues, and/or who might be otherwise underserved.
This Position Reports to: Director of Music Therapy
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Demonstrates active involvement in program and departmental development.
- Initiates and/or maintains contact with other professionals, family members, agencies, and colleagues as required by assignment.
- Demonstrates positive response to supervision, including compliance, follow-through and feedback.
- Follows the Faculty/Staff Handbook of Levine Music and any supplement to the guide for its Music Therapy Department.
- Adheres to the Code of Ethics and Standards of Clinical Practice of the American Music Therapy Association (AMTA) and Code of Professional Practice of the Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT).
- Actively engages in continuing education and professional reading.
- Manages time effectively and efficiently.
- Maintains files, work and office areas in orderly manner.
- Designs and implements effective music therapy programs following Levine Music’s and agency-specific standards.
- Coordinates therapy, maintains ongoing relationship(s) and communicates with others involved with client(s).
- Conducts music therapy interviews/assessments as directed and/or required by assignment.
- Prepares music therapy session plans, documentation, and materials with detail and quality required.
- Demonstrates musicality, creativity, and musical knowledge in design and implementation of sessions.
- Designs and applies creative solutions to challenges in therapy, resulting in appropriate and effective therapeutic plans in a timely fashion.
- Accepts other assignments and attends regularly occurring and scheduled events as directed by supervisor and Music Therapy Department.
- Acts as on-site coordinator of music therapy services when assigned to outreach agency.
- Maintains regular and timely communication with the Director of Music Therapy and agency coordinator, providing current information in areas that fall within jurisdiction of each position.
- Informs the Director of Music Therapy and secures required agency approval prior to making professional presentations, writing for publications, or being interviewed concerning execution of professional responsibilities.
- Is knowledgeable concerning agency-specific policies and follows such policies related to the work place.
- Supervises other staff members, interns, students, or volunteers as assigned.
- Engages with Levine’s National Roster Music Therapy Internship program as assigned.
- Adheres to the clinical and professional requirements and standards of the American Music Therapy Association National Roster Internship program
- Assists in the internship application, selection, orientation, and scheduling process as assigned
- Provide supervision for interns as assigned
Bachelors Degree in Music Therapy required.
Visit https://www.levinemusic.org/about/employment/clinical-music-therapist-part-time/ for more information.