The Communications and Social Media Manager manages and implements a comprehensive communication and social media program that showcases the impact of the organization’s work and engages our community. You will play a key role in telling the stories of the artists and projects we support and help raise the visibility of our organization. This position reports to the Director of External Affairs.
- Work with the Program staff to craft and share compelling stories about the organizations’ work and impact, using a variety of mediums such as blog posts, social media posts, and video content.
- Collaborate with the Director of External Affairs to develop and execute campaigns and initiatives.
Media Management & Communications
- In cooperation with the Director of External Affairs, develop and implement a comprehensive communication plan, including the creation of press releases, newsletters, and other written materials.
- Assist with cultivation of media coverage in all markets, including arranging interviews, and overseeing management of media contacts throughout the region.
- Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of Mid Atlantic Arts media and mailing contact list.
Social Media Management
- Develop and implement a social media strategy that aligns with the organization’s mission and goals, including the creation, curation, and scheduling of engaging content that represents inclusion of the Mid-Atlantic region across all social medial platforms.
- Manage and grow the organization’s social media presence, including followers and engagement.
- Analyze and report on the effectiveness of social media campaigns and strategies.
- Monitor and respond to comments and messages on social media platforms in a timely and professional manner.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and best practices in social media and communication.
Organization and Community Support
- Actively participate in Mid Atlantic Arts’ strategic efforts to advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the organization, in the arts community
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of External Affairs.
The salary range for this position is $52,000-$58,000 commensurate with experience.
Mid Atlantic Arts offers a full benefit package. Mid Atlantic Arts enjoys a remote work environment. Preferred candidates will reside in the MidAtlantic region. The region includes New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, District of Columbia, the US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico.
Visit https://www.midatlanticarts.org/wp-content/uploads/position-announcement-communications.social-media-manager.2.23-1.pdf for more information.