Montgomery Community Media is seeking an enthusiastic individual who is engaging, congenial, organized, hard-working and has a “can do” attitude. Candidate must be reliable, self-motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented and personable. Experience teaching, managing educational programming and working with students and parents is a plus. Strong customer service-based persona appreciated with an eye on the pulse of what is new and innovative in the world of media and technology. This position is in-person at multiple work locations requiring flexibility and transportation.
Description of Duties
The Education Programs Manager will manage efforts in designing, developing and implementing media classes and events serving youth and adults living in Montgomery County, MD. Responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
- Developing course curriculum for media courses that cover topics such as video production, journalism and social media.
- Using Eventbrite to create course catalog and tickets for events and courses.
- Teaching media courses as needed.
- Managing the team of contractors and part-time instructors who teach one-day, two-week and four-week classes.
- Serving as contact for parent and student inquiries about the MCM Youth Media Academy.
- Creating workforce development program for media makers re-entering the job force.
- Working with the Marketing manager to create effective marketing campaigns using the latest technology across multiple digital platforms to generate results and boost MCM’s lead generation efforts.
- Forming partnerships with local nonprofits and schools to develop in-school programming opportunities for the MCM Youth Media Academy.
- Work with the Director of Education and Community Outreach to broaden MCM educational learning spaces.
- Demonstrates familiarity with the most current social media platforms and the ability to effectively attract and engage targeting audiences.
- Creates front door experience for new MCM members, creating and disseminating welcome packets and responding appropriately to email inquiries, calls and in-person questions.
- Stays current with latest trends.
- Proficiency working with content management systems.
- Managing and scheduling the team of contractors and part-time instructors who teach one-day, two-week and four-week classes.
- Works collaboratively with other departments to meet company goals.
- Representing MCM at meetings and events.
- Performing other duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s in Education, Communications, or related field (Required).
- Experience in developing and implementing programs and course curriculum for virtual and in-person spaces.
- 2+ years of experience teaching youth and adults in virtual and in-person class settings.
- Familiarity with student and youth development theory.
- Engaging and congenial personality.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Media creation experience using mobile devices and/or DSLRs.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar, punctuation, and creativity.
- Team management experience a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within a week.
MCM provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MCM complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Use this form to submit a resume or send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com