Reports to: Guest Experience Coordinator
Location: Bethesda, MD
Position Status: Part-Time, 20 hrs per week
House Managers are the first level of communication for all patrons and guests at Imagination Stage, where their main responsibility is to provide exceptional customer service to all. The House Manager will support the Patron Services Department by welcoming patrons to Imagination Stage and preparing, monitoring, and caring for both of our theatre spaces. The House Manager also partners with the Guest Experience Coordinator to offer front-line engagement with patrons and serve as an ambassador of the Imagination Stage brand. An engaging personality, even temperament, and high attention to detail are required of a successful candidate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Front of House
- Coordinate with the Stage Manager and Box Office before a performance through radio communication and in-person conversations.
- Greet and guide patrons throughout the facility at all access points.
- Complete all pre- and post-show tasks in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring the facility is properly prepared.
- Provide support for accessibility requests, including use of courtesy wheelchair and assisted listening devices.
- Supervise volunteer ushers and manage lobby traffic flow and ticket ripping at theatre entrances.
- Seat all patrons appropriately in the house and troubleshoot any double-seating or ticketing issues with discretion and haste.
- Anticipate patron needs and offer assistance without bias.
- This position requires sitting or standing for extended periods of time, communicating with Box Office and Stage Management via headset, repeatedly traversing a distance of approximately 50’ and opening doors for the audience.
- As required, complete and send end of show reports detailing house counts, tickets sold, and any patron comments or concerns/facility issues.
- Assist in the safe evacuation of the audience in the event of an emergency.
- Respond to any medical emergency in the theatre and lobby and alert emergency personnel as appropriate.
- Additional duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Visit https://imaginationstage.org/news-events/careers/house-manager/ for more information.