BlackRock Center for the Arts brings inspiring, performing and visual arts experiences to diverse audiences in a welcoming and intimate setting, providing opportunities to explore, celebrate and engage in the arts.
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full Time–Salary
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
SUPERVISES: Patron Services Staff, Bartenders, Volunteers
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Director of Patron Services is a highly visible position which interacts with all stakeholders of BlackRock Center for the Arts; students, patrons, supporters, volunteers, and community members. S/he/they is responsible for ensuring a premier patron service experience with all who come into BlackRock; in person, by telephone or through digital correspondence. The Director of Patron Services manages all Patron Services and Front of House staff as well as the BlackRock’s Concessions and Volunteer Programs. S/he/they oversees all sales functions for the Center from box office and class registration to membership and gallery transactions. Must be able to work weekends and nights when needed.
The Patron Services Director is responsible for:
Box Office Management
- Manage processes for ticket sales, class registration, membership sales, and gallery transactions, ensuring procedures are within BlackRock policies.
- System Management: BlackRock ticket sales (AudienceView), education registration systems (ActivNet), payroll approval (ADP), concessions checkout (Heartlands), and scheduling (When2Work) and act as a point person for these systems.
- Configure and maintain all tickets through AudienceView with the help of the Artistic Director and act as the point person for any ticketing issues when reported.
- Manage the membership program; develop incentives, be the contact for all membership inquiries, update database for memberships.
- Train all front desk team members on all aspects of AudienceView.
- Assess and implement box office and customer service procedures, including emergency management procedures for accuracy, efficiency, and smooth operation.
- Provide tours and basic information when necessary.
- Reconcile all sales and transactions.
- Schedule all front desk staff for hours when the building is open.
- All other duties as required.
- Oversee the House Management Program of BlackRock, including the recruitment, training, and scheduling of a House Manager.
- Coordinate and supervise all volunteers at a performance, making sure they are trained and scheduled ahead of time.
- Inventory all concessions goods weekly to ensure adequate stock for that week’s performances and events.
- Re-order stock, purchase, log into inventory, and stock snacks, soft drinks, and alcohol.
- Ensure sales systems reflect current inventory.
- Work with Events Manager to hire, train, schedule bartenders for events.
- Hire, train and oversee Patron Services staff to manage all aspects of concessions following BlackRock protocols.
- Create and maintain virtual volunteer application on BlackRock’s website.
- Update and maintain the Volunteer Handbook and distribute to applicants.
- Review all applications and host training for all volunteer positions.
- Upload events and positions needed to Sign Up Genius for volunteers to sign up.
- Act as the point of contact for all volunteers.
- Maintain volunteer hours log and keep track of SSL hours for high school volunteers.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sit, stand, walk and work at a computer, relative to an office environment
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including weekends and evenings, as required
Skills and Experience
- This position requires a high level of attention to detail, combined with the ability to be flexible, take initiative and work collaboratively.
- The position also demands a high degree of tact, discretion, and sensitivity in working with major donors, patrons, prospects, and volunteers.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule of evenings and weekends dependent on BlackRock events and productions.
- Creative thinker with an ability to use data to inform decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Stellar computer skills – Microsoft Office experience necessary, particularly Excel and Word.
- Impeccable organizational skills, ability to meet and encourage others to meet deadlines, attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Positive attitude and friendly spirit, culturally sensitive.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion when required.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team-based environment.
- A commitment to BlackRock’s mission to bring performing and visual arts experiences to diverse audiences and providing accessible opportunities to engage in the arts is essential.
- At least two years experience as a customer service sales associate or manager dealing with the general public.
- Prior experience working within a box office, ticket sales department and/or class registration system.
- Fluency in Spanish, preferred but not required.
*BlackRock Center for the Arts is an equal opportunity employer. We honor diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation and ethnicity. We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusiveness. We are proud of our richly diverse community.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Proof of full vaccination and booster is required.
Work Location: One location