KID Museum is seeking a People and Culture Specialist/Generalist to partner with the Managing Director to support our growing human resources function. As part of the team, you will be responsible for ensuring effective day-to-day human resource support and service delivery in the following areas: recruitment/retention, benefits, performance management, HR compliance, on-boarding/off-boarding, metrics and reporting, record keeping, and HR system administration.
This is an excellent opportunity for a problem solver, a people person, a multitasker, a project manager, and a team player who is innovative and eager for a challenge. You will be actively involved in the recruitment process as we work to identify the right talent to fill our open positions. This role will have room to develop and grow as the organization expands. The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field, plus a minimum of 5 years’ practical work experience in human resources, or a combination of education and experience. HR certification desired. Previous experience supporting recruitment, benefits administration, and employee onboarding and offboarding. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of employment legislation and compliance requirements, HR policies, and best people practices. Diversity, Equity, Accessibility and Inclusion (DEAI) experience is a plus. Experience developing and implementing HR policies and programs is needed.
Essential Job Functions
- Partner with the Managing Director of People and Culture throughout the full-cycle recruitment process to build a pipeline of talent for current and future hiring needs.
- Identify opportunities to improve employee experience, assessing current people programs and proposing innovative ways to improve existing or implement new initiatives.
- Provide support to learning and development programs, performance management, change management and staff recognition initiatives.
- Partner with the Managing Director to maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations. Review organization’s policies and practices to ensure compliance.
- Partner with the Managing Director to support corporate initiatives related to Diversity, Equity, Accessibility and Inclusion (DEAI); employee engagement surveys and results; and social responsibility initiatives.
- Assist with administering the onboarding and offboarding processes as staff begin their career with KID or exit the organization.
- Be a steward of KID’s culture by developing positive employee relationships and helping to foster a climate of high performance, teamwork, collaboration, and effective communication.
- Handle general and employment-related inquiries from applicants and staff, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the Managing Director.
- Handle departmental administration, i.e., metrics, job descriptions/ postings, organizational chart, performance review support, exit interviews/offboarding, reporting etc.
- Play a role in managing and improving HR tools, processes, and workflows to keep organization running smoothly.
- Responsible for record keeping and maintenance of staff files and other related documents.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Ensure and maintain data integrity in our HR systems and tools with a high level of accuracy.
- Successfully complete other duties as assigned.
For more details, visit: https://kid-museum.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/People-and-Culture-Specialist_Generalist-Job-Posting.pdf