The Recreation Leader II – Private Event Rental Assistant for Torpedo Factory Art Center assists with coordinating event set-ups; provide client and vendor support for private events, ensure the safety of guests and the facility while providing exceptional, quality service that anticipates the client’s needs and exceeds their expectations. Candidate should have a working understanding of event management and/or facility operations, and capable of learning and following system processes. The selected candidate may also act, from time to time, as a daily Manager on Duty of the Art Center or event support for Art Center Public Events. Duties are performed under the general supervision of the Recreation Leader IV – Private Event Rental Manager for Torpedo Factory Art Center.
Primary work hours will be weekends, including 5pm-1am.
What You Should Bring
Each member of our team is accountable for the outstanding delivery of services to the community. Each member of our team strives to be responsive, professional, courteous, and accountable. The candidate must be able to exercise sound and independent judgment while simultaneously surveying the event space to negate potential conflict, unsafe surroundings or determine guest or vendors that need assistance. This individual must function within well-defined guidelines and procedures to resolve routine issues. The position involves the set-up and breakdown of event equipment and furniture. Candidate must have the ability to lift up to 50lbs independently, stand or walk for long periods of time and climb stairs. Additionally, candidate should have an unwavering commitment to customer service. First Aid training will be made available as needed.
- Explain opening and closing procedures to vendors; responsible for monitoring vendor activity to ensure all fire codes and contractual stipulations are followed and the building is safeguarded.
- Enforce Art Center rules and regulations. Ensures cleanliness and proper functioning of building.
- Take initiative to keep building clean and safe by removing debris, sweeping, or mopping as necessary.
- Alerts General Services and supervisor in case of emergency (i.e. flooding, electricity outage, water leaks.)
- Provide immediate assistance to and emergency notification in the event of an accident or injury.
- Receive and quickly act upon requests or complaints from guests. In the event of a serious problem, rapidly defer to management.
- Proactively find the “Day of Planner” or private event client and introduce yourself as the Art Center point of contact to be of assistance. Consistently check on client or planner and offer support as seen fit.
- Warmly greet guests and vendors, remain present and available to field requests from all in the Art Center.
- Supports on-site logistics, to include helping vendors carry out their responsibilities and room set-up (moving/lifting tables, chairs, trash cans, placards, video screens, registration desk.)
- Pay close attention to weather reports and increase or decrease HVAC so guests are comfortable.
- Turn off lights at request of the lighting technician, planner, or client.
- Adhere to timeline. If band or DJ does not announce “last call” remind them to do so. If the band fails to make the announcement, ask the bartenders to stop serving at contractual time.
- Patiently and respectfully oversee vendor’s breakdown, clean up, and trash removal – follow vendor check out list.
- Assist with parking enforcement.
- Move and return Art Center furniture and signage to correct place.
- Lock up and alarm building.
- Dress is expected to have a polished, professional appearance and presentation. A collared shirt and tie with slacks, or a suit for men, a suit, dress slacks, or a dress for women, with a branded Art Center pin.
- Potentially acts as Manager on Duty (MOD) for the building (opening and closing the building and assisting with facility needs) and/or supports the MOD.
- Potentially provide support to Art Center Public Programs.
- Performs related work as required.
For full opportunity information and to apply, click here.