The Resident Teaching Artist will provide instructional and artistic support to all education programs, as assigned by the Director of Education.
This role is Part-Time & Seasonal, 20 hours per week Jan-June 2022 and Sept 2022-June 2023.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as a co-director for select Voices of Now ensembles
- Work with co-director/s to keep all footage and or writing organized
- Participate in weekly meetings with co-director/s to create rehearsal and/or lesson plans
- Collaborate with co-directors to devise Voices of Now scripts and create and blocking and choreography
- Attend and participate fully in all scheduled rehearsals for designated ensembles, special events, production meetings and other related Voices of Now activities
- Serve as co-facilitator for Voices of Now professional development workshops and teaching-artist training sessions and Moving Stories classes when necessary
- Provide lesson planning support for Voices of Now, Moving Stories, and community outreach workshops and residencies
- Observe and support Voices of Now teaching artists as needed
- Teach in other CE programming as necessary
- If requested, participate in interviews, videos or media events to represent the Voices of Now program
Visit https://boards.greenhouse.io/arenastage/jobs/4810663003?gh_src=99edf9f83us to learn more.