The Senior Communications Manager is responsible for developing and implementing innovative internal and external communications strategies for existing and new audiences to advance the museum’s mission and goals. This role will lead the Communication Department into an exciting next stage of development, ensuring clarity of voice and language across all channels, promoting brand awareness through traditional and digital platforms, and managing PR and media relations. The Communications manager will oversee the Digital Content Coordinator and Communications Assistant and the implementation of all digital and social media initiatives.
- Lead the Communication Department with foresight, intellectual integrity, and care.
- Develop and manage a content distribution strategy and timeline across all communication platforms (press, email marketing, newsletter, website, social and digital).
- Increase public outreach to support programs, exhibitions, and events.
- Strategically lead an upcoming website redesign project from design concept to implementation.
- Liaise with the leadership team to support a robust internal communications structure.
- Identify new ways to enhance internal communications for all associates to support a positive and inclusive workplace.
- Manage the Digital Content Coordinator and Communications Assistant.
- Develop and manage analytics (KPIs) for the communications and marketing plans to measure success and inform future decisions.
- Lead the 5-year strategic plan committee focused on sharing Glenstone’s story with existing and new audiences.
- Manage a communications consulting firm to achieve maximum value and results.
- Create and manage communications and marketing strategies at the local, national, and international level, as well as with targeted industry contacts.
- Write press releases for the organization and tailor messaging to different audiences.
- Organize and manage all press previews and other media events.
- Serve as a spokesperson for Glenstone Museum.
- Oversee a top-performing digital and social media strategy, with an emphasis on the emerging focal points of audience development and community engagement.
- Expand the museum’s digital presence.
Click for more information and to apply.