There are no recent bookmarks.
Arts on the Block is seeking curious, dependable, active, and creative individuals to co-lead a series of fun, engaging, and STEM-connected games, and activities within its Youth Arts Movement, Sports and Math Activities & Recreational Time (YAM-SMART). YAM Activity Specialists will work closely with two or three other specialists, YAM art studio teams, and the YAM Manager to develop and deliver quality games, sports, and other STEM-connected activities for young creatives, ages 4 through 13 years old. Candidates should possess an interest in (and be adept at) one or more of the following: sports (soccer, basketball, volleyball, frisbee golf, etc); or board games (chess, checkers, Othello, UNO, Jenga, Connect Four, etc); or group activities (Capture the Flag, tag, sack racing, etc). Additionally, specialists must be organized, energetic, and curious about teaching and learning strategies, and have a good sense of positive youth development principles.
Location: This summer, the work location will at one or more Montgomery County Public School sites.
Hours: 12 to 20 hours/week
– Help to foster a safe, fun, creative, and curious environment
– Co-Lead YAM SMART Activities & Games (within a safe and supportive environment) that teaches good sport and/or game fundamentals and fair play, with opportunities for participants to explore enduring STEM connections. (i.e. Exploring the concept of potential and kinetic energy when kicking a ball.)
– Help to monitor attendance and participation within SMART Activity cohorts
– Assist with correspondences to and from YAM families regarding anything related to SMART Activities & Games
– Contribute to and participate in YAM staff meetings; provide program updates, and help staff find opportunities within programmatic successes and challenges;
– Help document SMART time to share at culminating event and for reports;
– Assist with the coordination of Summer YAM Open House events and others;
– Contribute constructive feedback to help improve programming.